Nobody will have to ask “What’s that flavor?” You simply have to try it, and when you do it will be love at first bite. It’s the perfect recipe for something different and will make you look like a genius in the kitchen without the fuss of complicated formulas. With this you’ve got a real Winner Chicken Dinner.
This is so juicy and delicious it will have you licking your plate (optional). Try it today!
Very Lemon Chicken
- Roasting pan
- Unbleached cooking twine
- Preheat the oven to 275°F.
- Place 2 medium-sized lemons, sliced, on the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Rinse the chicken and place in the roasting pan on top of the lemon slices.
- Stuff the softened butter and lavender underneath the skin of the breasts of the chicken.
- Stuff the lavender and 1 sliced lemon inside the cavity of the chicken.
- Tie the legs with cooking twine. The easiest way is to tie one leg first in a knot and then wrap the second leg and pull the string tight. Then tie the end of the first knot to the string. Cut off the excess string.
- Always use unbleached twine, unbleached baking cups and unbleached parchment paper when cooking. Do you really want to add bleach to your food? I don’t!
- Tuck under the wings to prevent the tips from burning.
- Pour white wine and chicken stock over the chicken to keep the chicken moist and to prevent the bottom of the pan from burning. Add 2 drops of both organic lavender oil and lemon oil to the broth at the bottom of the pan. Cut an entire lemon into wedges and squeeze over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the white pepper, sea salt, lavender leaves, and sliced shallots over the top of the chicken.
- Bake chicken for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until the internal temperature the chicken reaches 155°F. Shut off the oven and let the chicken sit in the oven for 30 minutes to rest. The chicken will continue to cook while resting and the temperature will increase to 165°F. It is easier to cook the chicken longer if needed than to recover from an overcooked, dry chicken.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let rest on the counter for another 20 minutes before cutting and serving—or before pulling it apart and sucking your fingers, because it is so delicious! Remember to dip each slice in the pan juices before eating or serving. This makes it even more amazing.