Mmm mmmm mmmm this luscious pound cake will make you want to skip the main course and go straight to desert. My Luscious Lemon Pound cake is everything a good dessert is supposed to be, full of flavor, pleasingly sweet, and a treat to the tongue. Serve this at your next dinner party, BBQ, church social it’s all but guaranteed to turn you into the star of the event.
You just might need to bake two. One for company and other so you can always have a slice to put in your lunch, have as late night snack, with your afternoon tea…well…anytime.
Easy Luscious Lemon Pound Cake
- 1 cup softened organic butter
- 4 organic eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp. organic vanilla extract
- 1 organic vanilla cake mix
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (approximately 1 lemon juiced)
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- Grated peel of 1 organic lemon
- 3/4 cup organic powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. water
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and grease a baking loaf pan.
- Cream 1 cup of softened organic butter.
- Incorporate 4 eggs, 1 at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula between each egg. Don’t expect the batter to completely incorporate.
- Add 1 T. organic vanilla extract
- In a measuring cup, add 10 drops of lemon essential oil and the grated peel of 1 lemon (grate just the yellow lemon skin, not the white layer) into 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- Alternate adding the cake mix and lemon juice mixture to batter, scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Pour the batter in a buttered loaf pan (lined with natural unbleached parchment paper).
- Bake at 325° for 75 minutes or until cake pick comes out clean.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes. Use a knife to loosen the sides and remove the cake from the pan. Remove parchment paper from pound cake and let cool on wire rack.
SUGAR GLAZE: Whisk together 3/4 cup organic powdered sugar, 2 tsp. water, 2 drops of lemon essential oil, and 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract in a glass measuring cup until smooth. Drizzle sugar glaze on top of the cake after it has cooled completely.
Find Verbena on Instagram @Verbenas.Kitchen and hashtag your recipe pics with #VerbenasKitchen